Manufacturer: PS Engineering Inc.
Model Number: PM500EX
Description: Pilot Guide
The PM500EX provides all basic intercom capabilities plus many of the most advanced features usually only found in more expensive models. Among the best features:
- Individual output amplifiers for pilot, copilot, and passengers 1 and 2, giving enough audio punch to allow communications in very noisy environments.
- Voice Operated Relay (VOX) circuitry prevents mic audio from getting through the intercom until someone speaks or triggers the VOX open switch.
- Automatic fail-safe interconnect to the aircraft radio wires the pilot’s headset to the aircraft radio in the event of disrupted power or related failure.
- Input jack giving pilots and passengers the option to listen to music during flight. During intercom activity, a mute feature will allow communications without distraction. Note that radio reception will NOT mute the music.
- Pilot isolate mode allows the pilot to communicate without interruption during critical phases of the flight while passengers talk and listen to music.
- Separate pilot and copilot transmit capabilities ensures that only the person pressing the PTT will be heard over the radio.