Model Number: GFC 500
- Cost-effective, precise and smooth in-flight characteristics, built-in self-monitoring capabilities and lower cost of ownership when compared to older autopilot systems
- Designed for existing light single-engine piston, fixed-wing aircraft, initially planned to be available for the Cessna 172 in late 2017 with the Cessna 182 and Piper PA-28 to follow
- Leverages certificated G5 electronic flight instrument1 for primary attitude reference — plus input and display of altitude preselect, heading, vertical speed, airspeed target and flight director cues
- Robust feature set, including safety features such as underspeed and overspeed protection, a dedicated return-to-level (LVL) mode button, Garmin ESP™ (Electronic Stability and Protection), Flight Director (FD), coupled approaches and missed approaches when paired with a compatible navigator and much more
- Offers 2-axis (pitch and roll) capabilities tailored to your aircraft; optional pitch-trim servo adds automatic trim and manual electric trim
The revolutionary GFC 500 autopilot brings unprecededented levels of capability, reliability and affordability to light single-engine, fixed-wing general aviation aircraft. GFC 500 leverages our advanced attitude-based flight control technology developed for the popular GFC 700 autopilot, which drives our most advanced glass flight deck systems
To help prevent incidents caused by loss of control, the FAA and other regulators encourage the use of key technologies, such as angle-of-attack indicators and autopilots, to help increase situational awareness, reduce pilot workload and enhance safety of flight. GFC 500 is the right product — at the right price — for popular certified light GA aircraft such as select Cessna 172 and Cessna 182 models as well as Piper PA-28 series aircraft. Boasting a superior feature set, GFC 500 incorporates a number of safety-enhancing technologies, including Garmin ESP, underspeed and overspeed protection, automatic LVL mode, flight director (FD) command cues and more.